Saturday, January 8, 2011

How to rank for a HUGE Keyword?

First of all I would like to thank everyone here. There is some great advice. Even the not so good advice still adds contrast and makes you think. Anyway, I know the main focus for many webmasters here is to rank for long tails and low competition keywords. I need some help on the other end of the spectrum. My main keyword is two words, with 10 mil search results. The top three positions are established, have an average of 135,000 back links indexed, and are 6-10 years old.

My business depends on this, and I cannot go another direction. I will still get some traffic on the long tails, but I need some help with my primary. I know it is going to be hard, and will take more than just a few back links.

Besides telling me to give up on it, does anyone have any solid advice on how to do this? I have thought about a few things, but this is what I am thinking for right now:
1. Setup 100 2.0 sites linking back to money site
2. Use xGen to make mininets for each of the 500 keywords
3. Point mininets to my 2.0’s to build some juice
4. Then focus on direct links from high PR, Articles, video, etc.

This is an overly simplized version of what I am envisioning, I just wanted to share the direction I am thinking of going. I just don’t know about scale. Am I looking at 500 mininets of 50 sites when I should be thinking of 5000? Do I want to play the cloaking game? And a thousand other questions come to mind when thinking of a project this ambitious.

Thanks to anyone that can help me with this. I have been reading on here for a while. Great advice and methods. I could not find anything to this scale, so I figured I would ask. Thanks again, me

No comments:

Post a Comment